Friday, November 28, 2008

Holy Etsy Batman!

Just a quick post to admit my new obsession with Etsy. WOW. Christi, you will be getting an order from me for some of your wonderful clay buttons! I have a few little projects of my own that I think they will look lovely on! I also found a cute little Japanese fabric funky little coin purse, and I am SO eyeballing a super cute pleated corduroy purse, which just happens to be on sale until Tuesday. YAY!
For anyone who reads this and sells on Etsy, what do you like about the site as a seller? And what do you dislike? I am thinking about setting up shop, and want to make sure I get all of the info first!

One more question: Does anyone know where to get tags made (fabric tags for bags and fabric items) ? I have seen them all over Etsy, so I know it is possible. I'm sure I am just making it Way too hard...lol!

Ok, that's all I've got for now. It is almost 12:15 am here and I have been snooping around Etsy for HOURS! Goodnight!
~brandie~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brandie!

This is my first time reading your blog...

I am a seller on Etsy (www.sparroworiginals.etsy.com) and I really love it. Really, the only negative thing in my opinion is that it's SO big. To stay visible to buyers, you have to list new items everyday, or relist older items. It's the only way to stay visible when a buyer is doing a search. I'm a full time interior design student, so it's practically impossible for me to list everyday!

But, that said, there's a WONDERFUL community on Etsy -- it's really great! People are so friendly, I've hardly ever had a negative experience with a buyer or another seller.

You should try it out! Also, Etsy made a Sellers' Handbook, so that's helpful for new sellers.

I'm totally hooked on Etsy, too! I bought most of my Christmas presents there, including some really great earrings handmade in Spain for my sister in law.

Whoa, sorry, long comment!
-Jen