Sunday, November 16, 2008

Getting the hang of things!

Ok, so I seem to be getting the hang of this Blogger site...well, I think so anyway...HA!

Lots going on right now, the biggest of which is that it is FREAKING COLD here!! Boo.
I also learned how to knit at the local bookstore/yarn and fabric place 15 miles from here. I made my first scarf and I have made several dish cloths...GO ME! I have the basic "knit" or "garter" stitch down, but I would like to learn how to do the purl stitch. Apparently it isn't that hard, so we will see! And some of the patterns (ones with more complex directions) look like a foreign language to me! I would like to learn how to do basic hats and some socks perhaps. And MAYBE even attempt a blanket- but let's not push it Right now. Need to master the dish cloth...lol.
The house is finally looking like a home, and all I have left to organize is my craft room (OHHHHH that's gonna be a job!!!) and our office area. We also just finished putting new flooring and painting the bathroom upstairs, so I will take a few minutes to hang pictures, arrange drawers, and so on in that room. Otherwise the house is well organized and functional! (Y-A-Y-!!!!!). I will (eventually) clean out and get rid of the "extras" from the basement, but that is not top priority right now...knitting is! =0)
I attended a craft show this weekend and what a great time I had! I am also getting into the "felting"...I did it years ago in a different way, but now want to make some bags and accessories with the wool!! I am also diving into the world of "recycled bags" using old wool, or just old sweaters, sweatshirts, jeans, cargo pants, etc!! I am such a bag girl that I think I will have a great time doing this! I met a woman yesterday who was known as the "quilt lady"- she searches junk and antique stores for old quilts, fabrics, and chenille blankets and makes tote bags (large and small), jackets, pillows, and cute little "trinket" gifts out of them. I bought the cutest red and white maple leaf quilt tote bag!! I liked it because you don't see red and white quilts often...then I realized living so close to Canada, people may think I am Canadian...Oh well, the bag is still cute!
I have been feeling very creative lately! It feels great!! I will try to post pictures of my handiness as I get some things done!

Ok, I am going to TRY and start sorting and organizing my craft room...wish me LUCK!

~brandie!~

No comments: